What are the basic requirements for the police cadet position?
Modified on: Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 9:54 AM
Please read all requirements before applying.
- I am between 18 to 20 years old.
- I am a US born citizen or have been naturalized.
- I have a high school diploma or GED.
- I have no felony convictions.
- I have no convictions, misdemeanor or city ordinance, involving family violence.
- I have no history involving the sale and/or distribution of an illegal substance as an adult as defined by Georgia law or of a significant nature as a juvenile.
- I have a valid driver's license (license may be from any U.S. state).
- I have not used marijuana within one year of the date of application.
- I have not used any Schedule I narcotics (example: Ecstasy, Heroin, LSD) within 10 years of the date of application. Prior use will be determined on a case by case basis.
- I have not used any controlled substance Schedule II, III, IV or V narcotics within the last 5 years of the date of application. This includes any prescription medication not used as prescribed or not prescribed to me.
- I have not used any illegal steroids within 3 years of the date of application.
- All Misdemeanors or City Ordinance convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- I have not made any false statements or knowingly provided false information on the application or any document related to the application process.
- I have not been dishonorably discharged from the armed services.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.